Age in place - Downsize, Simplify. Stay at Home*
You might not want to move home or a move might not be the best decision for you or your ageing family member just at the moment. We can help make your current home work better for you.
As you age your existing home may become more difficult for you to manage - your home might not work as well for you as it did a few years before. Later life homes can become cluttered and no longer meet an older person's needs.
We can work with you to help create a better environment - in some instances with a little bit of help you could remain independent in your current home for longer and improve the quality of your life.
At the Yorkshire Move Manager we can assist you and your family with numerous downsizing and simplifying tasks - applying the same coordinated, compassionate organising techniques to help you STAY in your home as we do to help you move.
Living independently can be possible for some with additional support or adaptations. For example, you might benefit from a telecare system, need a stairlift or other property changes. We can help you to find out what your options are and make contact with specialists who can help.
How we can help:
- Working with you to develop a 'stay at home' plan and prioritising what areas need work
- Finding out what's available locally in terms of support services and funding to help you remain in your home. Making contact and appointments as required
- Creating a floor plan and redesigning your existing space so it works better for you
- Evaluating what you want in your home - supporting you to decide what will be donated, sold or discarded and carrying out your wishes
- Practical help to downsize and declutter
- Addressing maintenance concerns
- Improving home safety and eliminating common in-home hazards.
*Source: National Association of Senior Move Managers - NASMM - www.nasmm.org