Settling you into your new home
We offer a range of services to help you to quickly settle into your new home and new surroundings.
- ‘My heartfelt thanks to you and Andrew for the wonderful help and support on the day I moved. I was overwhelmed by your kindness and caring attitude’
- Client supported to move from a large family home to a new apartment, everything was unpacked and put away safely for the client’s arrival
Settling into your new home - we can:
- Unpack and set up your new home - from key essentials (for example, kitchen and bathroom) to the whole house
- Remove packing materials
- Reassemble furniture etc.
- Carry out memory placement tasks in the new home - helping recreate room layouts, displays etc.
- Deal with change of address notifications to friends, banks, the council, care / support services, doctors, hospitals, dentists and others.
- Set up familiar internal arrangements that replicate where you live now, ensuring safe and easy access to items in cupboards etc.
- Co-ordinate connection and disconnection dates to gas, electric, water, telephone, TV, IT etc.
- Arrange connection of washing machine / dishwasher
- Support you in signing up to new local services for example, doctor, dentist and pharmacy
- Help orientate you to your new neighbourhood - locating shops, local clubs, support agencies, taxis, bus stops, surgeries etc.
- Hang curtains, shower curtains, pictures and mirrors etc.
- Make the beds
- Provide on-going administrative support after the move to help finalise moving bills and ensure new utility accounts are all set up correctly